Incorporate intelligence to your data-driven business insights and high accuracy business solutions
• Explore IBM Watson capabilities such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning
• Build projects to adopt IBM Watson across retail, banking, and healthcare
• Learn forecasting, anomaly detection, and pattern recognition with ML techniques
IBM Watson provides fast, intelligent insight in ways that the human brain simply can’t match. Through eight varied projects, this book will help you explore the computing and analytical capabilities of IBM Watson.
The book begins by refreshing your knowledge of IBM Watson’s basic data preparation capabilities, such as adding and exploring data to prepare it for being applied to models. The projects covered in this book can be developed for different industries, including banking, healthcare, media, and security. These projects will enable you to develop an AI mindset and guide you in developing smart data-driven projects, including automating supply chains, analyzing sentiment in social media datasets, and developing personalized recommendations.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to develop solutions for process automation, and you’ll be able to make better data-driven decisions to deliver an excellent customer experience.
What you will learn
• Build a smart dialog system with cognitive assistance solutions
• Design a text categorization model and perform sentiment analysis on social media datasets
• Develop a pattern recognition application and identify data irregularities smartly
• Analyze trip logs from a driving services company to determine profit
• Provide insights into an organization’s supply chain data and processes
• Create personalized recommendations for retail chains and outlets
• Test forecasting effectiveness for better sales prediction strategies
Who this book is for
This book is for data scientists, AI engineers, NLP engineers, machine learning engineers, and data analysts who wish to build next-generation analytics applications. Basic familiarity with cognitive computing and sound knowledge of any programming language is all you need to understand the projects covered in this book.